Thursday, October 30, 2014

Yummy Haunted Houses

This is a quick post to show you the edible haunted houses my kids made today. Each child brought in something different to help decorate the houses. I bought little orange juice cartons and the kids drank them the day before. I rinsed them out and let them dry. Then I snipped off the very top and taped it closed. I put some frosting on the bottom of the carton and stuck it on a plate. Then I used frosting to attach graham crackers to each side and two at the top for the roof. When they were all put together, the kids were able to decorate them however they wanted.

They each had a plastic knife and a paper towel (to wipe their fingers instead of licking them!). We had candy corn and pumpkins, colored chocolate chips, M&Ms, gummy worms, licorice, little Hershey bars, sprinkles and candy eyes. They all did such a good job! We had a few roof tops that started to slide off, but adding a bit more frosting seemed to do the trick.
They turned out great and the kids couldn't wait to take them home so they could eat them!


This one used Hershey bars to make a graveyard. So creative!
Happy Halloween!

No comments: