Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Noodle Tracks

Today we painted with fettuccine noodles! We are learning about what foods are healthy for us and most of my art projects this week are just generic, free art. But today I decided to use food as part of our project. I cooked some noodles at home and then dipped them in paint at school.
The spoons are to push the noodles down into the paint because otherwise they just rest on top. Make sure you leave part of the noodle out of the paint, unless you want to get really messy! Then you just grab the clean end and drag it across your paper this way...
and that way...
and repeat with other colors until you have a masterpiece.


I don't know if I'm going to cut these out or just hang them up as is, but they are too pretty to not put on display in our room. I love the colors and the kids had a blast painting with noodles!

UPDATE: I decided to hang them as is:
That's actually a green wall, even though it doesn't seem to photograph that way, and it makes a great background.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! I know my boys would LOVE this!